How I Lost 14.1kgs in 44 days
How? Keto … using Dave Asprey and his Bulletproof tools!
When i got started in June this year I really struggled with breakfast. Like everyone else, I’m short on time, so I wanted something easy that wasn’t bacon and eggs every frigg’n morning. I had been playing with the keto diet for a couple of months (off more than on…). You know, “conventional” wisdom tells us that: – breakfast is the most import meal of the day – eat like a king in the morning,.. poor man at night etc. – blah blah Eventually my Bulletproof Coach – Trudy Northcott – simply said “don’t eat breakfast! In fact don’t eat anything till 2pm!”… My intermittent fasting (IF) routine came into effect… and instantly “Keto” became natural as brushing my teeth!
TOP 6 TIPS 1. JUST DO IT! If you are looking at starting the keto diet, my number one tip is JUST DO IT! Stop reading about it, make the commitment to yourself, and just do it.
2. Buy a George Foreman Grill Seriously. My staek is done in 3 minutes, enough time to whip up a sald or some greens and the meal is done.
3. Intermittent fasting! Intermittent fasting is the process of cycling in and out of periods of eating and not eating. There are several different intermittent fasting methods but the one I prescribe to is called the 16:8… i eat between 12pm and 8pm, the rest of the time i drink water, tea and of course my Bulletproof Coffee!
4. Bulletproof Coffee! Bulletproof Coffee is a mix of brewed Upgraded Coffee beans, unsalted butter (some people use the grass-fed ghee – I’ve not tried that yet), and Brain Octane Oil. You can find the complete recipe here. Don’t mess around with cheap-shit coffee, which will sabotage your efforts since 91.7% of green coffee has mycotoxins in it.
5. Drink a shit load of water! You will need it! There are a ton of resources out there that describe the whys… I’ll list them later. But please, drink lots of water!
6. Stop reading and start! lol… SO WHAT DID I EAT? I have had a lot of friends ask what i eat on an average day so below you’ll see an average day… some times more meat sometimes less… Heres a sample: 6am-12pm 3x Bulletproof Coffees lots of water Tea Lunch: 3-6 reasons of bacon 2x eggs maybe sausage as well Snacks: 30g Cashew Nuts 2x slices of Cheddar Cheese Dinner: 250-300g Steak with 100g Brocolli Bedtime snack full-fat plain yoghurt