Zinc with Copper
HELPS DEFEND AGAINST OXIDATIVE STRESS:
A full rundown of all the benefits of zinc and copper would fill up a small book - with vital roles in everything from cardiovascular function, to hormone production, to keeping the immune system strong. In fact, just zinc itself is responsible for over 300 enzymatic reactions in your body. But even though both zinc and copper occur naturally in vegetables, fruits and meats…chances are you’re not getting enough.
Separately, zinc and copper have hundreds of essential roles supporting your physical and mental performance including:
- Supporting your cardiovascular system and maintaining your blood lipid levels;
- Playing an important role in your brain and body’s stress response - supporting your mood;
- Keeping your immune system strong;
- Converting amino acids into usable cellular energy - supporting physical performance;
- Helping to promote normal testosterone and estrogen levels;
- Signaling apoptosis which normally regulates cells based on age, condition, or cell health;
- Fortifying your cell membranes to reduce oxidative damage;
- Playing an integral role in maintaining prostate health.
And taken together, these two key minerals become even more powerful.
Bulletproof Zinc with Copper combines evidence-based daily doses of zinc and copper (based on amounts proven in the latest scientific studies) because the two work together to develop a crucial antioxidant enzyme called copper-zinc superoxide. Don’t worry about pronouncing it - just know that this unique product of combining zinc and copper is one of your body’s primary internal defense mechanisms against oxidative stress.
Maintaining proper levels of both zinc and copper in your system can be a delicate balance - for example, you can actually deplete your copper levels by taking zinc on its own. So consuming both micronutrients together, in scientifically studied amounts, can help ensure you’re getting the maximum benefit without accidentally ending up with too much of one or the other.